Thursday, February 28, 2013

Facebook fast

I don't think I have many blog readers. That's ok. I'm sure when I took a year long "break" from my blog, anyone that was reading gave up on me. Since I gave up Facebook for Lent, this blog has become therapeutic to me. One thing I realized was happening with facebook is jealousy. You would see pictures of people on vacation, or showing off a new car. Facebook is a narcissistic haven. You can show off all the good things and hide the bad.
 
That is the number one reason I do NOT miss Facebook. If we can't be honest, then what are we doing? I hope this break from Facebook will give me time to relax and stop comparing myself with other people.

I want to be happy and satisfied with exactly what God has given me: i.e: These 2 guys :)




No comments:

Post a Comment